There is nothing as soothing, rejuvenating, breath-taking and relaxing as the magnificence and the ambiance of the natural beauty that welcomes you as soon as you step your foot on West Cornwall. This wonderfully endowed part of the UK offers one both a perfect way and a rare chance of exploring nature from different angles at relatively fare and cheaper prices. It is one of the unique places you will have a special moment to blend a taste of nature, art and culture as well as recreational activities like fishing excursions and boat trips.
Accommodation facilities are available in abundance and you will have the freedom to choose according to the size of your pocket. There are hotels, guest houses and B&Bs in many of the destinations talked about here. There are also self catering options in West Cornwall such as scenic Mousehole cottages, cosy Sennen caravans and rustic lodges in locations such as Lamorna and Zennor.
West Cornwall is rich in great scenery and natural attractions. It is home to top destinations worth visiting like St lves, Penzance, Mousehole and Hayle. Land’s End gives you a beautiful view of nature and the whole of West Cornwall has superb beaches that offer one some wonderful water sports experiences like surfing, kayaking, snorkelling, swimming and sailing.
Great for Art & Nature
West Cornwall is immensely rich both in art and heritage. In fact it is home to a handful of artists and you will come across art works the moment you move from one place to another within the West Cornwall. The beauty of the landscape is made conspicuously colourful by the its contrast with the deep blue sea which is never far from view in this part of Cornwall.
The serenity found in West Cornwall makes it ideal for different age groups of people. It also makes it a perfect destination for families to spend their day out there. One is always sure to get anything they would want to get as soon as possible due to the strategic and close distances between the coastal towns of St Ives, Marazion and Mousehole.
West Cornwall is renowned for its eye catching woodlands, the ancient stone circles as well as many natural reserves in the mainland and along its beautiful beaches.
Apart from all the breath-taking features discussed above, the following outlines some of the places worth visiting for sightseeing and recreation while in West Cornwall:
Exploring St Ives
This lovely seaside town in West Cornwall is popular with tourists and visitors who come to admire the natural beauty, surf or stroll along the beaches or visit the many art galleries and museums in St Ives. here are some of the highlights:
- the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden which is dedicated to the twentieth century sculpture called Barbara Hepworth. The museum is a perfect place to see wonderful scenery of art.
- Experience creative activities at the Barnoon Workshop
- Tate Gallery which is among the leading art galleries in Cornwall will give you a fantastic show of art and experience that you will never forget.
- Enjoy perfect entertainment with your family members at The Kidz R Us Theatre which provides shows regularly.
- · Get to learn about all the history of the people of Zennor and its environments right from 3000BC up to the 20th century at the Wayside Folk Museum which is Cornwall’s oldest private museum.
This is also another beautiful place to be! Some of the top places to have a great experience during your holiday include the following:
- The historic harbour which has been port to seafaring trade (and pirates) for centuries
- St Michael’s Mount, now maintained by the National Trust, is a beautiful island which is a prominent sight all around Mount’s Bay. It is possible to visit this island, and explore the castle like house on top for superb views of Penzance.
- The old cobbled streets of the town centre take you back in time to Cornwall of the past, although the shops, cafes and restaurants offer a modern experience.
- Trengwainton Gardens nearby are good for those who love to interact with different plants in the world since the garden contains every plants growing in the world!
Reaching Land’s End
This is the end of Cornwall and the end of the UK. Next stop America. This is a great attraction for tourists. Don’t miss these attractions:
- The coast path to walk past the rugged scenery and wildlife watching.
- The famous signpost which shows the mileage to key destinations around the world. You can enjoy taking photos here as well.
- The Lands End visitor attraction for family fun and adventure in the far west of Cornwall.
Finally, West Cornwall is a good place for anyone to spend holidays. It has cheap and easily available accommodation facilities and it is endowed with beautiful inland scenery as well as nice beaches and serene environment ideal for individuals and families. With the addition of tourism attractions, theatres and museums compliment nature to make West Cornwall a top holiday destination.